Traverse City's Best:
Leelanau County 5 day Tour
Terms and Conditions
To reserve your trip, we require a 25% deposit per person. Once a trip is under deposit, the tour price is guaranteed unless alternate booking conditions have been noted. GTBT reserves the right to decline a reservation to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. Travel credits cannot be used for deposit, the deposit must be paid then the travel credit will be applied towards the final payment.
The balance of your payment is due 30 days prior to the departure date. You will receive a reminder email and invoice for the final payment 45 prior to the trip. For reservations booked within 30 days of the tour's departure, final payment is due at the time of booking. No travel credits can be applied to a reservation once final payment has been charged. A 5% fee will be added to your reservation if you choose to refund a payment and recharge on a different card.
Once your deposit has been received, we will send you a confirmation invoice and Reservation Form. The Reservation Form must be completed, signed and returned within 10 days of deposit to finalize your trip. This form enables us to secure your bicycle, note dietary restrictions, and recognize special requests you may have. Travelers who fail to provide a signed Release of Liability prior to trip departure will not be allowed to join the trip and the cancellation policy will apply.
We are proud of the value our tour package offers. Our website displays per person prices based on double occupancy and includes taxes. There is no price reduction offered for arriving late or departing early from a trip.
A single supplement will be charged to each traveler in a private room. A single supplement is not meant to penalize solo travelers, but reflects the actual cost that is reduced for double occupancy reservations since they are sharing a room.
We encourage all travelers to purchase Travel Insurance to protect their financial investment. We include the option to purchase travel insurance on all invoices. Please call our Insurance partner: Sarah Bird at The Travel Authority (231-486-2178) to arrange the details. Click here for policy and policy details. Our experience shows that guests who purchase travel insurance including trip cancellation, interruption, delay, baggage and personal effects loss travel more assuredly.
GTBT strictly adhere to the following cancellation policy for all tour departures and will make no exceptions.
Days prior to trip:
60 + days: $50 cancellation fee per person. The balance of your deposit is refundable.
60 - 45 days: $200 fee per person. The balance of your deposit is refundable.
45 - 30 days: $200 fee per person, remainder of deposit will be issued as a credit to be used on a tour in the next 2 years.
30 - 14 days: 50% of trip price.
14 - 0 days: No refunds at this point.
Please note the following details regarding GTBT’s Cancellation Policy:
Trip price includes anything purchased from GTBT directly as part of your tour, including upgrades and single supplements.
Guests who fail to provide a signed Release of Liability prior to trip departure will not be allowed to join the trip and the cancellation policy will apply.
GTBT reserves the right to cancel any trip at any time for any reason. On the very rare occasions when GTBT must cancel a trip, all tour payments received to date will be refunded, which constitutes full settlement.
GTBT is not responsible for any personal expenses incurred due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations, such as prepaid hotel accommodations or airline tickets. We recommend confirming your trip with GTBT before making travel arrangements that might be non - refundable as well as purchasing travel insurance.
Travel insurance is non - refundable but is strongly advised to protect you in the unfortunate event that you have to cancel or leave your trip.
Private Tour packages may be subject to different terms and conditions as outlined in the final proposal.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, GTBT reserves the right to make date, route and hotel modifications as needed. Every effort is made to keep changes to a minimum and our high quality is always maintained.
- Traveler Code
- By paying your deposit and completing your Reservation Forms, you certify your agreement to the following Traveler Code:
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health.
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travelers.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements and room preferences. I also understand that GTBT will do all it can to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible.
- I will respect the rights and privacy of other trip members.
- I understand that travel within a group invariably involves compromise to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of all group members.
- I understand that GTBT reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the leader feels that the person's continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- I understand a road less traveled means access to medical facilities may be limited.
- I understand the weather is out of GTBT's control.
- I will always wear a helmet when riding.
- I will not wear headphones when riding and I will drink alcohol responsibly.
Children under the age of 16 are encouraged to participate in a Private Tour. Teenagers 16 - 18 are welcomed to participate in our tours when accompaniment by a parent or guardian.
Limitations of Liability
All terms are outlined in your signed release of liability. GTBT is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): physical exertion for which a guest is not prepared; forces of nature; collisions with bicycles, pedestrians or automobiles, road conditions including or not limited to lack of shoulder and roadway surfaces affected by weather conditions; travel by plane, train, auto, boat, or other conveyance, or by bicycle, foot, or other form of active or adventure travel; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations; and the adequacy of medical attention once provided. GTBT is also not liable for: expenses (e.g., meals, transportation, or hotel costs) that are not specified as included in the trip cost but may be required to get to or from a trip start or end. GTBT reserves the right to make route and hotel modifications as necessary to improve the quality of a trip or to accommodate the comfort and well - being of guests. Guests grant GTBT express permission to take photographs or film records of its trips for promotional and commercial use, without remuneration. The guest agrees to assign all right, title and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to GTBT. Also guests agree that GTBT may use any testimonials regarding services rendered for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration.